Masoor Dal (Puy) or Brown lentils - 140 gms
Dried fettuccine or linguine - 300 gms
Butter - 50 gms
Onion (chopped) - 1 medium
Garlic (chopped) - 3 to 6 cloves
Zest and juice of Lemon - 1 no.
Coriander leaves and stems (roughly chopped) - large handful
Greek yogurt or Hung curd - 150 gms
1. Rinse the lentils in a sieve and place in a medium saucepan. Cover with plenty of water and bring to the boil, then simmer for about 30 mins until tender, adding salt to taste 10 mins into cooking time. Drain thoroughly and keep warm.2. Cook the pasta, then drain and return to the pan.
3. Meanwhile, chop the onions and garlic.
4. Now, melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat and add the onion. Cook until lightly golden.
5. Then add the garlic and cook until fragrant. Remove from gas.
6. Now stir the lentils, onion and garlic, lemon zest and juice, coriander and yogurt through the cooked pasta.
7. Finish with plenty of freshly ground black pepper and serve on warm plates.
Recipe & Image Courtesy: BBC Good Food