4 big tomatoes
1. On the gas, put a large vessel with water. Bring it to a boil.
2. In the mean time, scoop out and discard the eyes of the tomatoes using the tip of the sharp knife.
3. Make a criss-cross cut at the base of each tomato.
4. Put in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Remove and put in cold water for some time.
6. When the tomatoes are cool, peel and discard the skin.
7. Chop roughly and blend to a smooth purée in a blender.
8. Use as required.
1. If frozen, tomato purée can last for months.